Position: Family Engagement Facilitators
High Expectations Parental Service is offering an exciting opportunity to serve the community by supporting families in reaching their goals for their children. We work in schools to give parents the tools and resources needed to partner for academic success. Join our team of parents and educators, dedicated to empowering families to make their visions a reality.
WE ARE SEEKING BOTH SPANISH AND ENGLISH SPEAKING Family Engagement Facilitators
High Expectations Parental Service is an educational consulting firm whose purpose it is to significantly impact student achievement through increased parent engagement. We provide parent education, teacher training and administrative coaching to schools that are interested in increasing home school partnerships.
High Expectations Parental Service is seeking part-time Family Engagement Facilitators, who will be responsible for the implementation of our parent leadership workshops in identified elementary, middle, and high schools. We are looking for individuals qualified to teach our 9-week family engagement series and our African-American and Latino parent leadership teams.
Our parent educators have excellent presentation and communication skills and are able to support parents in bridging the gap between home and school. Workshops are held at the school sites weekly. Applicants need to be willing to work throughout the Bay Area.
- Demonstrated ability to support families in navigating the school system.
- Background in literacy instruction.
- Demonstrated training and presentation experience (preferably in the area of family engagement).
- 2-4 years college experience required. School counseling or teaching experience highly recommended.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, training and facilitation skills. Excellent verbal skills.
- Demonstrated awareness of, sensitivity to and competency in serving varies cultural and socioeconomic populations.
- Highly dependable, takes initiative, has good judgment and is able to function with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Reliable transportation is required to and from the school sites.
- Monthly or weekly workshop facilitation and prep. (Meetings are typically for 2hrs in the evening)
- Parent recruitment and retention (phone and school)
- Communication and follow-through with families, site administrators and High Expectations Parental Service.
- Program documentation (record keeping and program paperwork)
Compensation: 1099 contract based on experience
How to Apply: No phone calls please. To apply, submit an updated resume and cover letter detailing your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org